Disclaimer: Many spots and stains require professional treatment. This advice is offered in good faith, but ONLY THE BEST Carpet Cleaning and its’ employees cannot be held responsible or liable should the instructions below yield an unsatisfactory outcome, or cause further damage to the affected furnishing.
If you have a spill:
- Immediately scoop up as much of the spill as possible.
- Then blot, do not rub, with clean, white absorbent cloth or paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press down firmly to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Repeat until no stain is evident on cloth or towels.
- If the stain is either ink, nail polish or oil based paint stop there and call us for assistance. If you have a small portable spot cleaning machine capable of rinsing the stain use that to try to rinse the area with just plain water.
- You can add a small amount of detergent that came with the machine if you have some.
- If stain still remains and is acid in nature such as wine, coffee, tea, urine or vomit then put a sprayer into a fresh bottle of club soda and spray any where the stain appears to wet all fibers to the same depth as the original staining substance.
- When completely dry, you may need to vacuum or brush the pile to restore the original texture.
If you are not sure how to proceed, call ONLY THE BEST Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning and we’ll either guide you through it or send a carpet cleaning technician to take care of the problem.
Please remember – most of the stains that cannot be removed are not the result of the spill itself, but of the homeowner’s aggressive or otherwise inappropriate treatment of the spill!
It is always best to consult with a professional carpet cleaner on how to clean a stain on a carpet if possible.